Low Back Tightness!! By popular demand, here are a few awesome stretches for your low back. Give ‘me a try and let me know what you think! 😁
1. Child’s Pose 🥰 It’s as relaxing and refreshing as it looks. Move your hips back toward your heels, round your spine, reach your arms out in front of you, and breathe ✨
2. Child’s pose with lateral bias. Shift your hips to the right, and reach your right arm across your left for a gentle lateral stretch.
3. Cat Pose. Press the mat or ground away from you, protract through your shoulder blades, engage your abdominals and round your spine.
4. Cow Pose. Lift your gaze and tailbone, lower your belly toward the floor.
5. Low trunk rotation. Relax your knees to one side, breathe!
6. Figure Four with spinal twist. Cross your Right ankle over your Left knee. Bring your knees in toward you, then bring your right foot to the floor. Feel a gentle stretch in your right hip and low back.
7. Figure Four. This is an excellent hip stretch!
Folks! the Hips and Low Back are Intimately Related. Tightness or Restrictions in your hips will tug on your low back, often times causing low back tightness or discomfort. If this sounds like you, consider trying the hip stretches and these back stretches!
Hold each stretch as long as you’d like. Recommend 5 slow deep breaths or 20-30 seconds each.
Also, Enjoy It!! Stretching feels amazing and is a great way to find RELAXATION during this stressful time ✨